Monday, September 10, 2007

Bye Bye Binky

Tons of folks told me to snip off the end of Luke's pacifier to make him not want it anymore. WRONG!! That just makes him really mad! After several attempts, we finally went "cold turkey" yesterday since he wouldn't take a nap and I figured he would be so tired at bedtime that he wouldn't need his binky... he was absolutely exhausted, but still missing his bink. He tried sucking on my nose, my fingers. He stumbled around like a tranquilized wild animal, but never fussed... finally crashed after about an hour. Woke up around 3 and did a LOT of complaining the rest of the early morning; not sure how many zzzzzs we got. But we made it! And he fell asleep in the car before I could even get home from lunch with Daddy today. So I figure a couple more nights of missing the bink and we'll be over this little hurtle. Whew!

On the more fun side of things... today he took Baby Ruth for a walk on the leash and LOVED it.... was so adorable; got lots of comments from passerbys.