Friday, May 30, 2008

Cutest Little Mouseketeer

Have I mentioned that Luke loves Mickey Mouse?? We're going to Disneyland in August. I know he's a little short and probably won't remember it, but I think it will be fun.


Luke has had a terrible reaction to ant bites - his hand and ankle are so swollen, the doctor put him on antibiotic (which naturally has to be given every 6 hours, even at night). Poor baby.

After going to his pediatrician, I tortured him with a visit to the ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) because he has been putting things up his nose lately - green beans, cheerios, rice, headphone jack, etc. Thankfully there was nothing up there, but I'm sure one of these days he'll have success. At least we're "in" with a good doctor for when that day comes. :-P

Steve is obsessed with getting Luke a "real" set of golf clubs this summer. I keep trying to convince him to wait at least until he is 2 1/2 because right now he'd probably use them as a weapon and that's about it.

Now that I've made Luke sound like a wild child, I must say that Grandma E (aka, Gi Gi) remarked how much calmer and interactive Luke has become since starting school. He has really taken to the Montessori environment. Even when we picked him up in the nursery at church last Sunday, rather than throwing down his book and running to us, he put it away and got his backpack and calmly left the toddler room. That's a HUGE change for him! And he is sooooo happy and sings all the time - his teacher said he is always singing at school, so I know he's enjoying himself. In fact, I bought the cutest little MP3 player with a built-in speaker so he can enjoy his music wherever we are.