Thursday, August 2, 2007

15 Months

Luke got his 15-month checkup today and also MMR shot :(

He officially weighs 23 pounds, 8 ounces (50th percentile) and is 34" tall (off the charts again!) and is perfect in every way!

For a couple of weeks he's been saying "ow" (out), which has now expanded to "ow tie" (outside). He loves playing outside - checking out the neighbor's dogs, playing with the hose, running around picking up golf balls from the yard, and charming all the golfers that go by.

He drank from a straw for the first time yesterday - I hadn't really tried that in a while, but he took right to it and LOVED it - sucked down a huge glass of milk.

Luke really is a good, happy boy. But I see the "terrible 2's" coming... he can stomp his little feet and hurl himself to the ground in a flash! Thankfully he gets over it pretty quickly. And boy does he give great hugs!!

Oh, and I haven't mentioned that he's a master lid opener \ unscrewer!

Luke, Steve, Karen, and I are flying out to California next week to visit Steve's grandparents. I feel like we're preparing for a trip to Africa.... we've been planning and gathering supplies from near and far. I think we're more worried about this trip than the last one... Luke IS quite a bit more mobile and opinionated now. Wish us luck!