Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas Eve

Playdate and present exchange with cousins Hunter and Josh and Meigan.



Gigi made chicken and dumplings soup for dinner (yum!).

Luke put out a huge plate of cookies that he had been collecting for a week, and we wrote a note to Santa which we taped to the fireplace mantle telling him that his treats were in the kitchen so LuLu wouldn't eat them. Luke also left a glass of milk and some rosemary for the reindeer. Santa left behind a few crumbs and a note for Luke:



Poppie made quick work of putting the car together:

Poppie and I celebrated midnight mass, which was just lovely. MeMa spent the night at my house.


On Christmas morning, I told Luke “today is Christmas – do you know what happens on Christmas?” and he said “we roast marsh mellows and drink hot chocolate?” which is what we had done the night before, so I guess he thought that was it for the Christmas festivities! He was thrilled beyond belief to see all the presents and stockings waiting for him, although when I told him that Santa had left him the big red car, he looked very doubtful at me and said he knew it was in the box he had seen in the closet. LOL. I’m totally busted. But he later wondered how Santa got it out of the box. I must be more careful next year.



























Gigi cooked a wonderful brunch with a blueberry french toast casserole that was incredible!

Christmas dinner at cousin Liz's house:





Luke has to do everything Mommy does, so he painted his toes - very festive red!