Saturday, September 19, 2009

California

Luke, Karen, and I flew to California for vacation August 8 through 19. Port Hueneme for two nights, Fresno for one night, Huntington Lake for 5 nights, Fresno for one night, then Port Heneme for 2 nights, then home!


Grandma bought Luke "Beary" which he cuddled the entire trip:




Grandma, Luke, Karen, Uncle John, and I went on a looooooong hike up to Indian Falls. It was absolutely beautiful. I worried that the terrain might be too rough for Grandma or Luke, but I was the only one to sustain an injury - slipped on loose gravel and skinned the heck out of my elbow.




I have never seen such HUGE pine cones - Luke collected dozens of them and lined them up around the porch of the cabin.


We loved this beach on the lake:

We built sandcastles:

We built a campfire every night and roasted marshmellows. Luke is definitely a pyromaniac (what little boy isn't??).