Friday, February 22, 2008

Week 2 of school

I am actually looking forward to springing forward at daylight savings time - sick huh? But Luke's internal alarm clock goes off at 6:00 / 6:30 AM anyway, so at least after DST he'll be getting up at 7:00 AM!!

For such an early riser, Luke is not much of a morning person - even his teachers say so. I have always noticed that he is a little cranky in the morning and happy happy after his nap - this is true at school also. He is very sad in the morning when I drop him off. I have tried taking LuLu with us, but that doesn't help. I even sent Daddy to drop him off, but I think that made him really mad. Yikes. Surely he'll get used to the routine eventually.

He's always in a great mood and very busy when I pick him up, so I know he is enjoying himself. And boy has he started talking! And counting to three. I didn't realize how much influence other kids would be on talking - I guess they talk slower than adults and use words that he can actually imitate. His class has children from 18 months to 3 years old, so I think he's definitely benefiting from watching and hearing the older kids.


Luke's teacher asked me to make some aprons for the kids - each one is for a different activity... orange/yellow for wiping the table, black/white for polishing the mirror, blue clouds for washing the window, green/yellow for watering the plants. And I have some fabric on the way with utensils on it for setting the table. The aprons are used to teach the children to take turns with each activity - the child wearing the apron is the one doing the activity, and when they're done they take off the apron and another child may start the activity. Too cute!!