Monday, January 14, 2008

Luke stories




1. THE GREAT HOUDINI

I took Luke in his red wagon to pick up the mail. When we got back I pulled the wagon just inside the front door, bolted the lock, and went to the kitchen to peruse the mail. A few minutes later I heard a door slam shut, so I went to look for Luke... couldn't find him anywhere. PANIC!! I ran out front and he was in the neighbor's yard picking up acorns!!! I figure he pushed the wagon up to the front door, stood in it to open the lock, then let himself out. Time to get chain locks for all the exterior doors.... And if you don't believe me about opening the deadbolt, check out this video:





2. FIRST "SENTENCE" (?)

I don't know if this qualifies as a sentence, but Daddy asked Luke if he wanted something, and he very clearly said "No, I don't!"

3. GOOD KISSER

Luke has always been a great hugger but not much of a kisser. But now he gives great big sloppy kisses with his little lips pursed out. Super sweet. :)

4. POTTY TRAINING

Luke now likes to "pretend" to pee because he knows mommy is watching for signs and will try to get him to go in the potty. So now he crouches all the time and looks at his wee wee even though he doesn't need to go. Great.

I can fairly regularly get him to go # 2 in the potty in the morning then # 1 after nap. But that's about it. He seems to be getting the hang of it, though, so maybe with some peer pressure at Montessori he'll finally get it all figured out.

5. SHADOWS

Luke just discovered shadows. He got a plastic kid's lantern for Christmas, so every night we turn it on after lights out and we make shadows on the walls. He LOVES to dance and chase after his shadow and watch shadows mommy makes with her hands and with dolls and other objects.

6. THE GREAT IMITATOR

Luke saw me checking Steve's blood sugar yesterday and has been fascinated with his glucose meter - he keeps putting it on LuLu like he saw me doing - he's checking LuLu's blood sugar!